Tuesday 28 May 2013

What to do about the book signing??



So, I have a booking for a book signing, just a tiny one but a booking nonetheless. The problem is that I still have to pay (albeit at a much lower rate) for my own books and so I have to decide how much to outlay before I go. I'm thinking I'm only going to buy a small amount as its better to sell out and keep interest than to have some left over which means I will have to carry over the stock to the next event (not a good thing for cash flow). What happens at a book signing??! I've not been asked to do one before! Do people just come along and chat to you, buy a book and you sign it? Do you sign it with a message or not? Do you 'sell' in the same way as you would at a normal 'selling' event? Seems a bit arrogant to be flaunting my book around, or just a bit like getting my boobs out - it makes me feel all vulnerable! Must be something about books because I don't feel like that normally...books are so personal in many ways, they are a reflection of your inner meanderings through the world of imagination. Exposing yourself in this way is nerve wracking!!

Well I shall let you know how it goes (it's not till next month) and will publish my top tips afterwards for anyone wishing to learn more about doing the same thing!

Do you have any top tips to share?

Love Nova xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment