Sunday 16 June 2013

A poem to remember...


Well this has been a tiring week! More articles on their way soon but here is a little something I wanted to share with you today to take forward through the week. It is a poem that I keep in my diary to read when I need some peace of mind. It speaks to me of remembering to stay with the present moment and staying with any situation you find yourself in instead of running away from it. It reminds me that when I have experienced something that gives me hope or faith it is all to easy to dismiss it and 'go back to sleep', the real secrets to a happy life are heard when you stay awake enough to be listening to the whispers of peace that long to reach you.

Across the Doorsill

The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you.
Don't go back to sleep!

You must ask for what you really want.
Don't go back to sleep!

People are going back and forth across the doorsill 
where the two worlds touch.

The door is round and open.
Don't go back to sleep.

Rumi

How has your week been? How is the quitting the 9 to 5 dream going for you? Share your stories below...
Love Nova xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment