Saturday 28 September 2013

Serendipity


How much does luck feature in our lives? How much do we owe to 'fate' or 'serendipity'? Have you ever seen your life take a dramatic change because of something unplanned that came about just because you were in the right place at the right time?

This is something I have been thinking about a lot recently, not least because of the place that luck has had in my own life and the unexpected twists and turns that have come about and changed the course of my life. There have been many chance meetings, chance discussions and opportunities that have suddenly appeared. It has always fascinated me and formed (in part) the basis of the idea for my book. Luck, I have learnt, doesn't come about entirely by chance, you have to be in it to win it as it were! Whenever I am open and whenever I am pushing myself to be in contact with as many people as possible on a regular basis, this is when things start to happen.

My latest exciting opportunity came about at a party. I had not planned to stay long at the party, feeling tired and like I wanted to go home early. In the end I decided to enjoy the moment and ended up staying the entire night! The following morning I was very glad that I did. I got involved in a conversation with someone that led to some fantastic work in a field I feel really passionate about and hope to be able to tell you more about very soon!

I also find that I have to be in a certain frame of mind to be receptive to things, I'm not even sure if I can describe it but maybe you already know what I mean? When I am feeling strong, sociable, confident and positive things move in the right direction without much help from me, they just 'flow'. On the other hand I am sure that there are opportunities that I have missed when I have just not been in this frame of mind for one reason or another. It's impossible to maintain a vibrant sense of optimism all the time but it is during these times of optimism that things come to us, in my experience at least!

If you want to improve your chances of increasing your luck there are plenty of articles on quitting the 9 to 5 that talk about how to improve your mood, have a look and see if this can get you into the mode of 'serendipity'.

What experiences of serendipity have you had in your life? How has it changed your life as a result? 

Love Nova xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment